We were delighted to be approached to work with a West London based business on shaping a new brand, Gradz Bakery.
They wanted to offer unpackaged breads, opportunities to use superfoods and ancient grains and also to venture into non- retail markets with breads, rolls and some sweet treats.
They were keen to work with us as this was a big departure for them, so knowing us for 13 years gave them the reassurance they needed to carry out this work with us.
We built a team to work on this project alongside the bakery team and :
• Developed a brand story that was highlighted the core values of the brand
• Created a range of flavours, flours, ingredients and occasions that we wanted to work with
• The bakers developed a range of products – both fully baked and as doughs that customers could work with
• We canvassed opinion within the trade and then tweaked the offer
• We set up an artisan bread stall one weekend to get customer reactions to the range- without identifying the brand before we were ready to launch. Despite wild weather it was a resounding success and one line sold out, to the other traders, before we even opened.
• A new website was developed
• IP was protected
• We wrote entries for the World Bread Awards and the Quality Food Awards for both brands and had successes in both – Gradz Spirulina and Pumpkin bread was voted by bakers and industry professionals to be ‘ the World Bread Awards Overall Winner in 2016’. They also won a number of business awards this year..
• The MD made appearances on tv and the brand and product was spoken about on Radio 2 breakfast show with Chris Evans.
• We visited retailers and got a listing with Ocado as well as with several independent businesses, and some gluten free lines were also developed.
• New packaging was created- collars for unwrapped loaves and packaging to prolong the shelf life of whole or sliced loaves if customers want it
• We have successfully introduced them to a number of foodservice companies too, for whom this BRC Grade A facility is the ideal partner
• We have introduced them to other consultants that can help them with areas such as R&D tax Credits, HR, Recruitment and other services you need as you expand your business.
• We continue to work with the business and help introduce their products to a wider market and help them grow their business