We were introduced to Elena Shirfina, the founder of Biofoodlab who was Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 and won Forbes Start Up for Russia 2013. She has a successful global brand of natural fruit bars called Take a Bite.
They are free from GMO, gluten, milk, soy, sugar, preservatives, colours , flavours and emulsifiers. Each bar is carefully formulated to have a distinct and natural flavour- peanut and banana, kumquat and chia, apple and carrot. Bite has wide distribution in Russia, Kuwait, UAE and Canada and when we were connected in early 2016 they were looking to expand in Uk and Europe.
• We helped to produce EU acceptable labelling while still preserving the humour of the brand.
• We advised on the flavours that would be likely to be most successful in UK/Europe. • Introduced BioFoodLab to IP lawyers for EU Trade Marking advice.
• We proposed a strategy for entering UK and building on this in Europe.
• We worked with BioFoodLab to find a distributor for retail and another for contract catering and foodservice.
• We designed and managed their stand at SFFF 2016 to launch them into UK
• We introduced product to some key accounts including Selfridges
• We ran in-store sampling in Selfridges over 10 week launch period and helped establish salesWe worked with BioFoodLab for the first year they traded in the UK and now regularly advise them on opportunities they are considering for UK.